Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sunrise Hospital

Thursday, March 28th

Today was my birthday. I had better plans, but the day turned out to be a fun and surprising day. Josh had TONS of visitors as did I! :D

They must have got the word that he didn't look so bad any more. Haha
I knew three of my sisters were coming in to take me to lunch for my bday, but when they showed up, I was so surprised to see ALL 7 of my sisters, 2 babies, my mom and my grandma!!!
Then later on I got to go out to dinner with some of my sweet girlfriends!

Then ended the day with my fam going to see The Host :). The day turned out 100 times better than I had imagined. When I got back to the hospital for my night shift, Josh had had 55 visitors just that day! He was out cold!

The rest of the weekend was full of friends and family from all over, coming in to see Josh. It was so wonderful to see all the love support we had. When we left for Denver, he had a total of 187 visitors at the Sunrise hospital! The guy at the help desk quit asking who people were going to see when they asked for help. He'd just tell them Josh's room number and send them on their way! He asked someone later if he was a priest or something. I guess priests are pretty popular? Lol! I gave him one of my wonderful gourmet cupcakes I got for my bday from Justin and Breana Water's. ;)

Jax n daddy
Josh n the kiddos
Buddy Williams n Josh. :)

So because josh was flying to Denver, they couldn't take out his chest tube till he got there. It has been such a pain....literally. It hurt to breathe, blow his nose, lay in any position, and especially where his turtle shell! No wonder he was always drugged up!

Gross!
The trip to Denver was uneventful. Josh was passed out, thank goodness. If he thought his hospital bed was uncomfortable, he was strapped down on a gurney for 3 hrs!!! He would have freaked out! Haha!
Maddy got to ditch school to come say goodbye to us:'(
Locked and loaded!
Josh's flight beating heart nurse and breathing nurse.
We made it to Denver!
In ambulance on the way to Craig Hospital.
We made it! Here we gooooooo! :D
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment